Monday, January 18, 2010

Easy, Easy Cookies

Homemade Oreos

I don't really like Oreo cookies.  So to me this name doesn't do these cookies justice.  They are much better than oreos.  This version is soft and chewy and easy to make.  It's another recipe that I can make anytime because I always have the ingredients on hand.

1 box any flavor cake mix
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
 


Place cake mix, oil and eggs in mixing bowl.  Mix until well blended.  You can use an electric mixer but a wooden spoon does the trick too.
Drop by rounded teaspoon onto a greased cookie sheet. (cookie scoops and parchment paper save time and cleanup)
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
Cool 3 minutes on cookie sheet then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
The cookies are puffed and full when they first come out of the oven.  While cooling they will flaten a bit.


These cookies can be eaten right away or made into oreo's by taking 2 equal sized cookies and adding frosting to the middle.  I had some cream cheese frosting left over in my fridge so that's what I used.

Makes about 3 dozen single cookies



2 comments:

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I have to say, they were quite tasty!

Brattany :) said...

They look so amazing! I will have to try making those some time!!

Post a Comment