Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rhodes Bake-N-Serv Demo Night for Bloggers

Last week Dee-Dee from Whatever Dee-Dee Wants invited me to a special night  at the Rhodes Bake-N-Serv test kitchen.  Rhodes was hosting a demo night for bloggers from around the Salt Lake valley, although a few were from farther away.  Lucky for me, I got on the invite list.  It was a wonderful night.  Rhodes treated us great.

The Demo was presented by Heidi V.  She was awesome.  I've worked with Rhodes frozen bread dough a lot but boy did she have a few tricks up her sleeve.  She was full of advise and made everything look easy and do-able for even a beginner.

Did you know that every bag of Rhodes dough has a no fault guarantee?  I didn't.  But it does.  If your bread, rolls, etc. don't turn out you can get a refund.  Rhodes is so confidant in their products, they guarantee them.

A few tips Heidi mentioned when purchasing your Rhodes products
  • look for the expiration date
  • no ice crystals on the product
  • the dough isn't frozen together
  • ideally use the frozen dough within 1 month
Rhodes was soo good to us.  Each of us received a gift bag containing a cookbook, Fresh Ideas with Frozen Dough, an apron and a gift certificate for frozen dough.  They also had a freezer at the demo filled with different products.  We could pick one to take home with us.  Not to mention the food they served us.

There was such good food.  Bread is my favorite food group, you know.  Heidi made Butterscotch Bubble Loaf, Mango Salsa Bake, Bacon Cheese Nibbles,  Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble, Cinnamon Rolls, Orange Rolls, Kaiser Rolls, Breadsticks, rolls and bread.  There was so much food we each filled a plate and they even sent us home with all the extras.
Check out the Rhodes Baken-N-Serv website.  There are tons of ideas and recipes.   I've always loved Rhodes, but I'm back on their bandwagon again.  Thanks Heidi and Rhodes.  It was a wonderful evening!


6 comments:

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Have you tried making the bread bowls yet? Heidi made it look so easy!

Julie said...

I haven't made the bread bowls, yet. As soon as the weather turns colder, I'm making soup and serving it in bread bowls!

Andrea said...

I wanna come over FOR the bread bowls! I don't think I'm talented enough to do it like Heidi did. That blueberry luciousness was my favorite...maybe I should look into making that!

Tauni said...

I am totally inviting myself over for soup in bread bowls as the weather turns colder...

I know that Heidi showed us how to do it, made it look easy in fact, but I am really worried all of my plying and molding will not turn out as well :)

I laughed while reading this post because I think bread is a food group as well!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Sounds like Julie is hosting a soup party when it gets colder :)

Shelly said...

I would like to just invite myself as your guest to the next Rhoades demo that you go to! mmmmmmmm.....

Post a Comment