Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lemon Bars


These lemon bars are a staple at my house.  I'm not a huge chocolate lover (I know, I know) so I would have these over brownies any day of the week.  I almost always have all of the ingredients on hand so they are easy to make.  Just be sure to leave enough time for them to cool, at least a few hours.

If you have made Lemon Bars from a box and liked them, give these a try.  There really is NO comparison!

Lemon Bars
2 cups flour
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Cream together until mixture becomes fine crumbs.  press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.  Crust should still be light in color.

Combine the following and pour over the hot crust:
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
4 T. flour
4 T. lemon juice
the rind of one lemon, grated

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 more minutes.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.  Let cool completely before cutting and removing from pan.



8 comments:

Andrea said...

Mmmmm...I love me a good lemon bar.

President and Sister Dowdle said...

Can't wait to try them. I've tried many for the missionaries, but these look like the best ever!!!

Meesh said...

Those look amazing. I am going to try them this week!!!

Meesh said...

Do you use fresh squeezed lemon juice or from a bottle?

Julie said...

I prefer to use fresh squeezed lemon juice. But in a pinch bottled works too.

Living the Scream said...

I am obsessed with lemon bars. I am always looking for a good recipe this looks simple and delicious! I am gonna try it.

cindy said...

I have a lemon in the fridge--just waiting for the right recipe. I think I found it. Thanks.

Gourmified said...

Julie, it was so fun seeing you at RubySnap last week! And just so you know...lemon bars are one of my all-time favorites! I actually found a recipe that has almond incorporated in it and it is now THE only one I ever make! Killer good! It's on my blog if you're interested.
Hugs~Lisa

Post a Comment