Saturday, March 13, 2010

Best Burger I had in Hawaii

I saved the best for last.  The best burger I had while in Hawaii was at Teddy's Bigger Burgers.
They have several stores on Oahu.  Check them out HERE. We ate at the Waikiki location, right across the street from the zoo.  This is a traditional walk-up counter burger joint.  They had burgers, sandwiches, fries, onion rings, shakes and more.  We, of course, made our usual selections.


Mark ordered the bacon swiss burger.  Check out those fries, thick and crisp too.  I ordered my standby, american cheese.  These burgers came with their own "special sauce".  I assumed it would be similar to Utah fry sauce.  I was wrong.  It was a mustard based cream sauce.  For those of you who know me well, you know I hate mustard.  But boy was I suprised by this sauce.  It was delicious!

 

Conclusion:  The Best Burger we had in Hawaii.  It was also the cheapest.  A combo meal with burger, fries and drink was around $8.00.  We also had a coupon from one of the many magazines we had.  So we got 50% off the second meal.  Teddy's will be our first stop for a burger when we return to Hawaii!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Mmmmmmmmmm. That looks yummy!! When I read, "mustard based" I thought, "Hey! Julie hates mustard!" How well do I know my Julie???? Anyway, I want one right now--let's stop in on our way to Guam for my 40th!

Trav and Lizzie said...

You found me!!!! YAY!!

My new fav blog= this one... and Andrea's too, or else I'll hear about it later, haha!

Post a Comment