Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies

My cute daughter-in-law has a gluten intolerance or celiac disease.  She can't eat any gluten or she gets VERY sick.  I love to check out new recipes that are naturally gluten free.  I also like to adapt recipes so that she can eat them too.  This one is a great, fast cookie to make.  It's also good because I usually have all the ingredients on hand.  That's easy because there's only 4 ingredients.

Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 egg

Mix all ingredients until well combined.  Batter will be only slightly thicker than the peanut butter. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. (I always use a small cookie scoop and parchment paper)



Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.  Let rest on pan for additional 5 minutes before moving to cooling rack.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Yum, yum, yummy!!!! Thanks for letting me test them out--could've eaten the whole cookie sheet of them!!!

Brattany :) said...

These are my FAVORITE!!! They are so good! I absolutely love them! I don't know why they aren't as good when I make them! Thanks so much for always spoiling me and making yummy treats for me! You are the greatest!!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I think I need a copy of your profile picture. It would be a good one to put in Brody's photo book. Then Ashley would have a run for her money on Brody kisses (he kisses her picture in the book).

Post a Comment