Thursday, March 4, 2010

Burgers in Hawaii

We're just back from the islands.  I'm sure you're thinking, why would you go to Hawaii and have a hamburger.  Well,  I Love a good cheeseburger.  In fact a cheeseburger is just about my favorite food.  So, while away we thought we'd try out a few.  Some we'd had before.  Others were new to us.  I'll be sharing more in the coming days, but today I'll post about a good ole standby. 

Cheeseburger in Paradise.


We ate at the restaurant in Waikiki.  But there are others.  Check them out Here
It was a good burger.  Plenty of choices too.  I went with american cheese, my favorite.  I even tried the sauteed onions, which I generally don't like.  Mark went with the bacon swiss burger.  We also tried their cheese fries.  I loved the sauce on their burgers.  The service was poor but the food was good. 
Burgers were priced around $10.00.  Too expensive for a regular meal, but hey, we were in Hawaii!

My American Cheeseburger in Paradise

Mark's Bacon Swiss Burger


Cheese Fries,  good but not great

Conclusion: 
A really good burger.  Expensive but a great treat while on vacation.  

Have you eaten there?  What's your opinion?

6 comments:

susie said...

We went to the one in Waikiki last year. I didn't care much for the food - thought it was average - but we did get a great window seat and the people watching was awesome! Lots of crazies!!

Andrea said...

Oh, my!!! My very most favorite! My mouth is watering even as I type! Love those burgers! And I have to say I love their fries too! SOOOOOO jealous!

Alex said...

Trent loves that place!

Brattany :) said...

I really love this place! I think that all of their food is so great! It really is expensive but in Hawaii everything is ridiculously overpriced!! Alex, that is not very nice!!

President and Sister Dowdle said...

I didn't know you had a blog!!! How many times have I said to myself. "I need a new recipe for the missionaries, I wish I could call Julie right now." Now I just have to check the blog and I'll have everything I need. Thanks Julie and sorry I didn't find you sooner.

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I am fasting right now and this makes me want to end my fast early!

Post a Comment