Sunday, March 7, 2010

Burger # 2 - Kua Aina

Serving burgers on the North Shore of Oahu for over 20 years is Kua Aina sandwich shop in Haleiwa.  We stopped by one afternoon for a great lunch.  We had been to Kua Aina before and knew it would be worth a repeat.  They serve 1/3 pound and 1/2 pound burgers.  They also have sandwiches and salads.  I opted for the 1/2 pound cheeseburger with american cheese (I know, I know,  but I love the way american cheese melts).  Mark had the grilled Ahi sandwich.  Both were excellent.  Cooked to order and to perfection.  They come with lettuce, tomato, mayo, grilled onions and a large carrot stick.  Ketchup and mustard are on the tables.

Their fries are the homemade, shoestring style.  Although I generally prefer thicker fries, theirs are great.  Fresh and made to order.

They have a great menu with quite a few options.  Someone next to us ordered the avocado burger and it had half an avocado on top of the hamburger.  My burger was $7.95 and Mark's sandwich was $9.95.  A large order of fries was $4.00.  We tried their lemonade.  But I prefer a sweeter one and wouldn't order that again.

Conclusion:  We would definately go to Kua Aina again.

Sorry about the pictures.  We were halfway through the meal before we thought about snapping a few pics.


1 comments:

Andrea said...

Yep, been there too and LOVE it! We have gone there everytime we've been on Oahu!!! You're making me homesick!

Post a Comment